- Provides information regarding your major and pre‑planning for upcoming registrations.
- Provides support for College of Liberal Arts and Science students
Astronomy Tutorial Lab – 309 VAN, 335-1686
- Provides various career exploration programs for individuals and groups, as well as personal career counseling and assistance with resumes and job searches.
- Provides academic support services and promotes educational opportunities for underserved students from diverse backgrounds. Provides free tutoring for qualified students through TRiO STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Chemistry Center –E225 CB, 335-1341
- Provides academic advising and support for College of Business students
- Provides advising, tutoring, scholarships, and professional development opportunities for students in the College of Engineering or prospective students
Computer Science Help Lab – 301 MLH, 335-0713
- Provides computing help service for students in computer science courses, particularly CS:1110 (22C:005), CS:1210 (22C:016), CS:2230 (22C:021), CS:2820 (22C:022), CS:3110 (22C:104), and CS:3210 (22C:109)
- Provides a variety of programs and services to assist and support students in achieving academic and personal success
- Provides advising and support for students taking online and extension courses
- Offer free tutoring at specific times for students in the College of Engineering.
- Provides assistance to students with their family-related responsibilities.
- Please go to the Communicate tab in MySpanish Lab and click on Blackboard IM.
- Estimate your grade-point-average using the Tippie College of Business GPA Calculator
- Estimate your grade-point-average using the Registrar’s GPA Calculator
History Teaching and Writing Center – 303 SH, 335-2584
- Provides assistance to undergraduate students with writing assignments for history classes
Language Media Center – 120 PH, 335-2331
- Provides students with facilities and services for traditional language laboratory work as well as for foreign language video and computer-based activities
Mathematics Tutorial Laboratory – 125 MLH, 335-0810
- Individual and drop‑in tutoring for students enrolled in 22M:001 (MATH:0100) Basic Algebra I – 22M:033 (MATH:2550) Engineering Math III: Matrix Algebra
Nursing Clinical Education Center (NCEC) – General Hospital (GH), 319-356-1616
- Staff and students use the facility for simulation training, educational enrichment, orientation and competency review, learning how to provide safe, effective and compassionate care before providing direct care to patients.
- Offers a safe place to discuss concerns about the university or its policies and procedures
- Provides support for registration, semester withdrawals, transcripts, residency, verifications, graduation analysis, and veterans
- Provides services and programs for a seamless transition to The University of Iowa and to academic success
Physics Tutorial Lab – 54 VAN, 335-1686
- Provides assistance to students enrolled in physics classes
- A weekly schedule is posted online, bring your syllabus and class assignments
School of Journalism & Mass Communication Resource Center – E350 AJB, 319-335-0510
- Writing Assistance with Journalism writing assignments.
Spanish Writing Center (SWC) – 303 Phillips Hall (new location!)
- Make a 30-minute appointment on the sign-up sheet on the door of 303 Phillips for the current week or the upcoming week.
- SPAN:2000 (35:103) Spanish Language Skills: Writing
- SPAN:2030 (35:109) Study of Language: Myths and Concepts
- SPAN:2400 (35:110) Readings in Spanish Literature
- SPAN:2500 (35:111) Readings in Spanish American Literature
- SPAN:2300 (35:112) Introduction to Reading Literature
- Students in other 100-level Spanish courses may also receive help with their writing projects on a space-available basis.
- Provides individual instruction to improve speaking skills, free of charge, assistance provided on a first-come, first-serve basis
Statistics Tutorial Lab – 202 CC, 335-2970
- Provides free tutoring for students enrolled in STAT:1010 (22S:002), STAT:1030 (22S:008), STAT:1020 (22S:025)/ PSQF:1020 (7P:025), STAT:2020 (22S:039), and other introductory statistics courses
- Facilitates academic accommodations and services for students with disabilities
- Provides advice and assistance to students receiving or seeking financial aid.
- Provides medical evaluations, pharmacy services, information, and counseling regarding issues such as fitness, nutrition, sexual health, stress management and substance abuse
SWAT – Study, Workshops and Tutoring – 310 Calvin Hall, 335-1733
- Open for tutoring and supplemental instruction Sunday – Thursday
- Sessions are free, drop-in, group tutoring
- Provides free tutoring for qualified students
Tutor Iowa – 310 Calvin Hall, 335-1733
- Searchable tutor referral service
WISE Tutoring – 3rd Floor Stanley Hall
- Provides tutoring in math/science/engineering for WISE members
- Issues U-bills for tuition and fees, room and board, and miscellaneous charges. Disburses financial aid. Accepts U-bill payments at the University of Iowa Community Credit Union, IMU Branch.
- Offers educational, vocational, and personal counseling as well as therapy in individual or group sessions. UCS also offers programs, workshops, and consultations.
The Writing Center – 110 EPB, 335-0188
- Provides individual instruction to improve writing skills