This office helps students and alumni forge a link between their educational experience and the world of work. The center provides the following services for the Colleges of Business, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Education:
- career exploration and programs for open majors;
- interest assessments;
- career library resources and employer information;
- help connecting a career with a major;
- internships, including The Washington Center, the Walt Disney Program, and zero credit internship registration;
- on-campus interviews and mock interviews using HireaHawk.com;
- résumé and cover letter assistance;
- interview skills preparation through mock interviews and the Interview Stream system;
- job-search strategies;
- assistance in finding volunteer opportunities through the UI Community-Based Learning Program;
- career-related programs, workshops, and classes such as the Career Leadership Academy;
- career decision making.
Same-day (walk-in) meetings with peer advisors are available for a quick review of your résumé and cover letter or a brief overview of the office’s resources. Through online scheduling, students can also select in-depth appointments with career advisors. These resources are available in C310 Pomerantz Center. The office is open 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with walk-in meetings available from 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
The Pearson Career Library provides a variety of career-related information sources, including directories, periodicals, online resources, and handouts to help you learn about the world of work.
Pomerantz Career Center
David Baumgartner, Assistant Provost for Enrollment Management
Allan Boettger, Director, Career Services
100 Pomerantz Center, Suite C310
Engineering Professional Development (EPD)
EPD helps students—first-year through graduate—acquire skills for choosing personally rewarding careers through exploring experiential education and developing job search skills. Professional staff help students with résumé and cover letter critiques, job and internship search strategies, interviewing skills, and study abroad opportunities.
EPD also builds and strengthens relationships with corporate partners, hosts two annual Engineering Career Fairs, and administers the co-op and internship program for engineering students. More information at www.engineering.uiowa.edu/epd.