During a one-day Transfer Student Orientation, you will spend time in small groups led by Orientation Hawkeye Guides learning about the makeup of a degree, including the University's General Education Program, and the process of course selection and schedule building.
Our main objective is to prepare you to meet with your academic advisor and register for classes, which will occur during the afternoon.
What to bring
- The letter you received confirming your Orientation date
- Your Hawk ID and password for course registration
- Your AP, CLEP, IB, and Placement Test results, so your academic advisor can help you select courses appropriate for your ability
- Course syllabi from the college classes taken in your major area, if applicable
- Your academic department may request a syllabus to determine whether a particular course will satisfy a requirement in your major, or count toward other parts of your degree. If the syllabus does not list the textbook title and author, note these as well. In lieu of syllabi, course descriptions from the college catalog may be substituted.
- A valid, government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport, to obtain an Iowa One Card, your official UI student ID
- A pen or pencil
- An umbrella or rain gear and comfortable walking shoes
- A sweater or sweatshirt (meeting rooms may be cool)