The Roy J. Carver Charitable Trust aims to provide substantial scholarships to students who struggle to overcome significant social and economic obstacles in the pursuit of their education or who may be living in circumstances that may not normally be taken into account by other financial aid programs. Similar to Roy Carver himself, who "pulled himself up by his bootstraps" and lived the American dream, they will be students of great potential and promise, who have worked hard to make ends meet and have been faced with challenging or debilitating situations in their lives.
- Saturday, March 1, 2014 ∙ Free Application for Federal Student Aid Deadline
- Tuesday, April 1, 2014 ∙ Scholarship Application Deadline
- Sunday, June 1, 2014 ∙ Notification of Awards
For more information about applying for the Carver Scholarship through the University of Iowa, take a look at the links below.
- UIHP Opportunity Profile https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lk14oxi2xroz6n/Carver%20Scholarship%20Opportunity%20Profile.pdf
- Office of Student Financial Aid at the University of Iowa http://www.uiowa.edu/financial-aid